Amazon is taking steps to become a greener platform. In 2019, Amazon co-created the Amazon Climate Pledge Friendly and created its sustainable certification. Products that are certified with the Amazon Climate Pledge Friendly are 100% sustainable.
Since gardening is one of the biggest hobbies anywhere in the US, let’s start with which outdoorsy products can you shop on Amazon Climate Pledge Friendly?
Sky Organics Organic Bug Spray for the Body
Summer brings a lot of pests. And with them come the itchy and reddened insect bites that can lead to you being rushed into the emergency room from anaphylactic shock.
That’s why bug spray is a popular purchase on Amazon during the summer. The thing about bug spray is that it is rarely ever eco-friendly. Due to the strong chemicals, bug sprays often harm more than just the pesky insects near you.
The eco-friendly bug spray from Sky Organics, the Organic Bug Spray for Body, offers you a greener solution so that you can repel bugs while staying green.
- No DEET, alcohol, or other harsh substances are used.
- Formulated with natural plant-based components, the spray naturally repels pests and insects like citronella and lemongrass essential oils.
- Other chemicals, including parabens, phthalates, silicones, sulfates, mineral oil, petrolatum, and dyes, are not used in production.
Spectrum Essentials Organic Ground Chia Seed
Chia seeds might be small, but they are a great source of good, healthy fiber. Unlike other seeds, chia seeds are mostly used in beverages and smoothies.
During the hot summer, make your cool smoothies extra healthy with a spoon of grounded chia seeds. The organic ground chia seeds from Spectrum Essentials blend easily with water, making them a great ingredient in any summer treat.
- Grounded, easier to digest, and allow you to get maximum nutrition from the chia seeds.
- Organic; no harmful chemicals were involved in its production.
- USDA Organic certified.
Biokleen Natural Laundry Detergent
Your laundry will pile up under the scorching summer sun. Especially for outdoorsy folks who love to stay active in the hot weather.
To avoid mountains of stale and crusty clothes in your laundry basket, laundry becomes an unavoidable chore. And with increasing laundry batches, so does your wastewater from laundry. which is extremely toxic and pollutes aquatic life.
That’s why green detergents like Biokleen Natural Laundry Detergent are so important during the summer months.
- The detergent is plant-based, providing an eco-friendly solution for stains and smells from your clothing.
- Packed in 100% recycled cardboard and newspaper. The container is biodegradable, with 70% less plastic than standard detergent bottles.
- The washing solutions are ultra-concentrated, which saves on packaging, waste, and energy use.
- No artificial scents or dyes. Also, no harsh chemicals like phosphates, chlorine, ammonia, or brighteners in our goods.
- Biokleen products are cruelty-free.
Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Multi-Purpose Formula
Summertime also means lots of time spent on outdoor cleaning. Thanks to the hot weather, no matter what surface or furniture you are cleaning, it will dry up in a jiffy.
Because of the large surface, you will need a lot of cleaning solutions. And harsh cleaning solutions, while effective, are also toxic to the surroundings and water sources when exposed to the wastewater.
The Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Multi-Purpose Formula is here to rescue the outdoors of your home, keeping it clean and green.
- A one-size-fits-all cleaning solution, the Scotts Outdoor Cleaner Multi-Purpose Formula can be used on anything.
- Distinctive fast-foaming action leads to quick removal of any dirt and grime.
- Eco-friendly and harsh-chemical-free, therefore it is safe to use on textiles and around plants and grass.
- Easy to use; simply dilute the solution with water before use.
Amazon Aware Outdoor Recycled Checkered Wood Stool
A wooden stool is a multi-purpose piece of furniture. From a plant stand to a decoration, it can be used for anything in your household. The checkered effect makes for a nice visual touch.
Made from driftwood, this wood stool is lighter than it looks, at only around 240 lbs! This makes for a nice gift, as you won’t have to worry too much about transportation or shipping. The light color can brighten up any corner you put it in.
- Made from reclaimed pine pallet wood, which means it is sustainable. The cocoa touch only increases its long-lasting durability.
- ClimatePartner-certified, which means it is carbon neutral.
Being one of the biggest e-commerce platforms, Amazon enjoys a huge number of visits from online shoppers per month. According to BigCommerce, the platform receives over 197 million visits from online shoppers worldwide each month. It would be a huge influence on the environment if all Amazon shoppers follow sustainable shopping.