In the last blog, we have learned the four reasons why shopping for products from Climate Pledge Friendly stores promotes sustainability. In this one, we continue with the other 5 reasons why shopping for these products will make our Amazon shopping cart greener.
5. They are pollutant-free
During production, chemicals are needed for certain parts. Some of these chemicals become pollutants and are incredibly toxic to the environment. These are not only toxic to the ecosystem but also health hazards when they make their way back into our system.
Some of the top pollutants include arsenic, chromium, lead, mercury, and cyanide. To combat these, Amazon partners with the following certifications for their Climate Pledge Friendly certificate:
- EWG: Certified products are examined to guarantee that they are free of EWG’s recognized chemicals of concern and meet stringent health requirements.
- Oeko-Tex Made in Green: products are tested for dangerous compounds and manufactured in safer workplaces with fewer environmental consequences.
6. They promote fair trade
Fairtrade supports disadvantaged farmers and employees with higher agricultural prices. This provides them with an opportunity to better their lives and plan for the future. Farmers obtain a consistent price even when the market falls. Workers are entitled to a living wage and safe working conditions.
Many companies and businesses attempt to violate Fair Trade to reduce production costs. It is the easiest target for cost inflation. Amazon partners with the following:
- Fair Trade Certified: Products are produced to standards that promote worker safety, sustainability, and empowerment.
- Fairtrade International: Products are manufactured according to ethical and environmental principles, including assisting farmers in dealing with the difficulties of climate change.
- MADE SAFE: Products are free of known hazardous chemicals by forbidding the use of compounds that are harmful to human health or the environment.
- US EPA Safer Choice: The components in certified products are safer for human health and the environment.
7. They are cruelty-free
Cruelty-free products are typically healthier. When you choose items that have not been tested on animals, you are also avoiding harmful substances such as parabens, sulfates, and synthetic colors. These more natural cosmetics are better for your skin, which means fewer breakouts, allergies, and irritation.
To help promote cruelty-free products and practices, Amazon partners with the following organizations:
- Fair for Life: Products’ supplier chains that are more socially and ecologically responsible.
- The Global Organic Textile Standard: each step of the textile supply chain is organic and sustainable in terms of environmental and social requirements.
- Green Seal: Certified products have lessened their environmental and climatic impacts at one or more stages of their lifespan.
8. They promote recycled materials
Recycling minimizes the requirement for raw material extraction—including mining, quarrying, logging— refining, and processing all of which cause significant air and water pollution. Recycling saves energy while also lowering greenhouse gas emissions, which aids in the fight against climate change.
Recycling is one of the key factors in fighting pollution, especially for hard-to-compose materials like plastic. To promote recycled materials, Amazon partners with the following organizations:
- Global Recycled Standard: Products have at least 50% recycled content and fulfill social, environmental, and chemical specifications.
- The Higg Index Materials: Products made with low-impact materials and providing clients with supporting data.
- Recycled Claim Standard 100: Products have at least 95 percent recycled content.
- Claim Standard Recycled Blended: Products under the program employ materials that have at least 50% recycled content.
9. They are organic
Organic farming protects species, promotes biodiversity, and aids in the preservation and improvement of native ecosystems by employing more natural processes. The organic method is ecologically friendly. It improves soil fertility by rotating crops and using natural elements such as compost, manure, and cover crops.
Organic products are healthier for users. Almost no chemicals or artificial additives were used during their production. This limits your involuntary intake of these chemicals, compared to non-organic products. Amazon partners with the following to promote organic products:
- Nature: Certified cosmetics are produced with natural components only.
- Organic Content Standard 100: Products have at least 95% organically farmed ingredients.
- Organic Content Requirement: The blended products are manufactured with at least 50% organically cultivated resources.
- Regenerative Organic Certified: Products fulfill soil health and land management criteria, as well as animal welfare and social equity.
- USDA Organic: Products are cultivated and processed following regulations that address, among other things, soil and water quality.
By turning on the filter when you are shopping on Amazon, these Climate Pledge Friendly stores will automatically show up for you to shop. To lower their price even further, you can use our Amazon coupon collections, updated regularly by our avid couponers.