The date for Amazon Prime Day has not yet been unveiled. The only piece of information we have comes directly from Amazon: the sale will happen in July. That being said, people are still psyched over Amazon’s biggest sale of the year.
As a green coupon site, Tenere will not sit out on Amazon’s equivalent of Black Friday. We are here to bring Amazon’s top-selling eco-friendly items to your cart, saving you the time and effort of researching them.
What is Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon Prime Day is a multi-day event organized by Amazon. The mega-sale event normally lasts 48 hours. It provides a variety of exclusive bargains to Prime members. During this time, customers may discover deals on anything from apparel to kitchen equipment.
The advantages of Prime Day go beyond simply saving money on purchases. Amazon also provides a number of deals and discounts in the weeks leading up to and during the event.
This could range from earning credits as cashback when shopping at Amazon stores to using Amazon Prime credit cards for spending perks.
So, what eco-friendly items should you put in your shopping cart right now?
One of the most popular tips before going on the Amazon Prime Day sale is to prepare what you want to shop for in advance. This saves you a lot of time searching for items and gives you more time to shop.
Goody Planet Goody Ouchless Elastic Thick Hair Tie
Ponytail is a neat look for any girl.
In an effort to be more sustainable, hair accessory company Goody Planet released their eco-friendly hair ties. With 30 pieces per pack, these hair ties can be disposed of safely after use.
- Bamboo Elastics are made from an eco-friendly fabric that is soft, sturdy, and suitable for all hair types.
- Ouchless, elastics give a solid grip without tugging or snagging hair.
- Elastics produced from viscose derived from bamboo are kind to your hair and the environment.
- Packaging is composed of recycled kraft paper.
UNNI 100% Compostable Bags
Trash bags can be a major source of plastic pollution. They take centuries to break down, releasing microplastic into the environment, contaminating the oceans, harming marine animals, and entering our food supply.
With UNNI 100% Compostable Bags, your trash bag is no longer harming the environment. Each package has 100 sheets per box and can be your green solution to biodegradable trash bags.
- UNNI Compostable Bags have the highest bio-based content and contain NO polyethylene.
- The bags can store up to 2.6 gallons without breaking.
- Bags are long-lasting, non-toxic, simple to use, and good for the environment.
The Rocketbook Smart Reusable Notebook
Unlike other items, commercial notebooks are rarely made from green materials. And their papers are rarely recycled.
Instead of searching for a recyclable notebook, try the Rocketbook smart reusable notebook. Instead of glossy paper, the dotted grid notebook has 36 pages that can be wiped clean with a damp cloth.
- The notebook can be used indefinitely; you can reuse the pages after wiping them clean with a damp cloth.
- Compatible with the Rocketbook app, sync your notes with popular cloud services, including Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, OneNote, Slack, and iCloud email.
- Rocketbook’s smart titles can smart search for your notes and email transcriptions.
GreenStripe Renewable & Compostable Cold Cups
With July being the unofficial camping season, the need for paper cups increases exponentially. Instead of littering the camping ground with non-biodegradable plastics, try something like compostable paper utensils instead.
A smart alternative to the traditional party cup, the GreenStripe Renewable & Compostable Cold Cups are 16-ounce cold drinking cups, sold in cases of 1000.
- The cups are compostable.
- Made from renewable resources.
- Meet D6400 ASTM standards for compostability.
Dude 2-In-1 Face & Body, Activated Charcoal Soap
The Chicago brand Dude brings the latest zero-waste soap. Made from 100% green materials, including charcoal soap with organic shea butter and tea tree oil, this 2-in-1 Dude soap isn’t harsh on the skin at all.
- Made with 100% traceable, Rainforest-Alliance-certified sustainable palm oil.
- Come in popular and fresh scents, including sandalwood, peppermint, and lemon oils.
ECOS® Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent
Laundry wastewater is a major contributor to domestic wastewater. That’s why more eco-friendly laundry products are being released.
The ECOS® Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergent comes from the eco-friendly company ECOS. They focus on zero-waste products that don’t pollute the environment when you use them.
- 100% vegan, made from plant-derived cleaners.
- No harsh chemicals, including dyes, optical brighteners, parabens, or phosphates.
- Dermatologist-tested, hypoallergenic, and pH-balanced.
- U.S. EPA Safer Choice certified.
Amazon Prime Day is when you can enjoy the biggest shopping deals and discounts on Amazon for a super low price. Be responsible and well-prepared by adding these sustainable items to your cart. Once the sale is active, all you have to do is to check out and enjoy your savings.